Monday, August 11, 2014

Review: Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in Shade 300 Apple A Day and 500 Pink Pout

I recently purchased these at Walgreen's. I basically got them for free, they were BOGO 50% and then I also had two coupons for $4 off! Yay! Anyways, I typically wouldn't have bought these because I' not usually very impressed with any of Almay's products. I was excited to try these particular Almay products though, because I've heard many good things about them. This review will be on the red shade, Apple a Day and the pink shade, Pink Pout.

Appearance/Packaging: The color looks very vibrant. The tube is nice and small enough to travel with easily. It had the standard lip gloss doe foot applicator. Overall, the packaging is nice and I see nothing wrong with it at all.  (Apple a day on left; Pink Pout on right.)



Application: When I first saw these I thought t
he color was going to be super vibrant and opaque because of how it looks in the tube., but its actually quite sheer. They are marketed as a liquid lip balm though, and lip balms are quite sheer unlike liquid lipsticks. It gives you a subtle flush of color which I like. Its something that you can throw on quickly without giving it much thought. It is quite moisturizing and comfy on the lips. Its not tacky or sticky. ( apple a day on left; pink pout on right)
Overall: Overall, this product isn't
't too exciting. I do feel like i will be reaching for it a lot though, so I will probably end up loving it. I dont avidly wear super bright opaque lipsticks, I like to stick to the more sheer to medium color, so this product is right up my alley! The only complaint I have is that the two shades I bought are so similar that you can barely tell them apart on the lips. Despite thinking the color payoff was going to be dramatically different than what it turned out to be, I'm pretty happy with this product.  (apple a day on left; pink pout on right)


No comments:

Post a Comment