Thursday, August 18, 2016

Vegas Inspired Makeup: One Look Taken From Day to Night!

Hello!!
Today's post is slightly different than what I normally do! 
I'm participating in a challenge hosted by Vegas.com! The challenge is to to take a makeup look from day to night in Vegas. For inspiration, I chose the Venetian hotel! 
Vegas.com describes the Venetian as "Over-the-top Italian elegance, abounding amore, luxury and service reign supreme".
That is right up my alley! 
 After looking at the photos I came up with a day time look inspired by some of the photos from the site & what I would actually wear if I were doing fun daytime activities in Vegas! 
I'm not much of a gambler, so I'd probably be out shopping or on one of their beautiful gondolas!

This is the photo that inspired the first look!

(Image above from Vegas.com)



For this look I wanted to do something very simple but still glam. 
The face products I used were the Loreal Pro-Glow foundation, Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer, and Rimmel Stay Matte powder. On the eyes, I used the Urban Decay Naked palette (buck & naked in the crease, half baked on the lid). On the inner corners, brow bone, and my cupids bow I highlighted with my Manna Kadar highlighter from this month's Birchbox. For eyeliner, I used Darkhorse from the same palette and added a subtle wing. I tightlined with a black eyeliner & lined my water line with a nude Rimmel liner. The mascara I used was the Marcelle Extensions one from last month's Birchbox. For blush, I used Becca Pamplemousse. I filled in any sparse areas of my brows with the Loreal brow pencil. Lastly, for lips, I used a Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Infinite Rose.

(Images above from Vegas.com)



For this look , I was going for glamorous/party vibes inspired by the Tao Beach Nightclub and the Tao Nightclub at the Venetian. I loved all the pinks, purples, and golds; So, thats what I used for my look I didn't remove any makeup from the previous look, I used it as a basis for this one! In addition to the makeup from earlier, I used my Urban Decay Vice Palette. I applied Fast-Ball throughout the crease with a little bit of Beat Down. I also applied Beat Down to the inner and outer mobile lid for a spotlight effect, and smudged it under the lower lash line. On the center of the lid I applied some Too-Faced Glitter Glue and put some of finely milled gold glitter (I'm not sure of the brand) on top. I used a purple Maybelline liner on my tightline and waterline. I added some more of the Manna Kadar highlighter to the inner corner, my cheekbones, nose, and cupid's bow. Following the eyeshadow wing from the previous look, I used my NYC liquid liner and created a slightly more dramatic wing. Lastly, for the lips I applied another Sephora Cream Stain in 07 (not sure of the name). 

If your actually planning on going to Las Vegas & not just creating Vegas inspired makeup looks go check out Las Vegas package deals here!

This was such a fun challenge!
 I hope you liked the looks!
Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment